Hey Haute Mommas! Kiirstin Linette here. I’ve taken the beginning of the new year to FOCUS on minding my business and drinking my water (literally). Not kidding. I’m being completely honest! I started KLC and was super excited and motivated to help women with their style, and then I became distracted. Social media took over my life (that’s a little dramatic but you get the point) and I started listening to all of the business gurus. I listened to them telling me how to structure my business, how to market, and how to use social media to promote etc. etc. I basically OD’d on all of the information that was being promoted on social media. I became an information junkie. So I took a much needed detox.
And let me tell you taking that time to get clear has allowed me to figure out how to move forward. During this short detox I learned a few things about myself and about business in general. I thought sharing my lessons would be a great way to kick off this blogging thing… So here ya go!
- Business is not EASY. This may seem super obvious. I thought I really knew this until I started KLC. People are fed so much information and advertised to all day long that it is difficult to just be seen and heard. Going into business is not for the faint of heart.
- You have to be EXTREMELY clear on your vision. This by far has been my biggest lesson. When I announced in October that I was starting a business, all I really knew is I wanted to help women with their style. I had a few ideas, but no clear vision. This was a big mistake. And as the bible says “without vision the people perish.” Thankfully I didn’t perish.
- Pick ONE thing and stick to it for awhile. I’ve heard people say this before, but of course I didn’t listen. I thought I could throw all of my services out there and people would just gravitate towards them. Not so! What it did was confuse people and confuse me. I had no clear way of helping women with their style. I wanted to be a personal shopper, a closet organization expert, and a personal stylist. And the truth is I can’t be all of those things right now.
- So I’ve created a signature service…
- Remix My Style! If you want to find out more sign up here…
Enrollment for Remix My Style will be limited and will open really soon. So make sure you sign up to be the first to know when I will launch this service.